To be successful, your blog has to be in a particular market niche. Hence, I started my Healthy Living blog on Blogger. The name says it all – Healthy Living is the market niche and I will blog on this topic only. I started this blog 3 months ago to try out what I have learned. Healthy Living is already generating a bit of Adsense revenue in this trial stage. I have to admit that I am not putting enough time on this blog as I focus on HubPages primarily.
Now, these are my 3 faces on the internet. I place Adsense on all 3 sites so when readers/visitors click on the ads I get money. Sounds simple but you really need traffic before the money start flowing.
Young Neighbourhood @ Blogger
Healthy Living @ Blogger
This is how I market these 3 sites:
1) Submit your URL to Google, Yahoo and Bing. Although web crawlers will eventually find your pages, this may take time and submission of URL directly to these search engines will shortened it. Also use Submit Express to submit your URL to 40 other search engines. Make your site visible. You do not need to do this for HubPages as it is done automatically by them.
2) Create Backlinks for every post. Each backlink is a vote to your site. The more votes, the more authority it has and your page ranks higher in Google’s view. Currently I am using:
I use all the above sites because they are revenue sharing. 10% of my Adsense earning is from them. Read my previous post on “I am doing more Backlinks” here.
3) Join MyBlogLog and BlogCatalog. Socialize with communities here. You will be able to get decent traffic to your blog on daily basis. This may take a bit of time for your friend base to grow and you need to put effort in leaving comments on their blogs. A useful feature on both sites is, you can broadcast your new blog post or anything else to all your friends in a single click. Imagine if you have 1000 friends and 10% respond to it.
Click here for my profile on MyBlogLog. - This site has been has been discontinued.
Click here for my profile on BlogCatalog.
If you have joined HubPages, socialize with the hubbers. I find them a helpful lot.
4) Use Facebook and Twitter to send traffic to your blog. Share your new blog post on Facebook and tweet it. You can repeat this if respond is poor but do not make it look like spam.
My Twitter profile is jasonycc.
5) Use StumbleUpon, Digg, Reddit. So far I have not much luck yet with these sites. The best traffic I had from StumbleUpon is 55 hits on a blog post. Reddit, I once got 28 hits to a blog post. On Digg.. nothing. I am still exploring on how best to use these sites.
My StumbleUpon profile.
My Digg profile.
My Reddit profile.
Now I am gearing up for the next $100. It will take a shorter time to achieve. Six months experience into blogging and I am just on the tip of an iceberg. Hope to share more when I know more. If you noticed, I am still riding on someone else’s website be it Blogger or HubPages. I am thinking of having my own website soon when my monthly Adsense earnings can cover the costs of hosting my own website. Till then, I'll just need to work harder and learn more. Hope this post has been useful and I welcome feedback and questions so that we can all improve in blogging. Good Luck!